Wednesday, August 31, 2011

I'm still here and it's still hot

The good news is there hasn't been any visits to the kennels lately but it's still too stinking hot for me to go out in the van with my people so I get to stay home alone a lot when they go to the hospital and shopping and stuff.  The Bossman and Mum have been spending a lot of time doing tank stuff and buying new fishes.  It does look great, I'll give em that!

We were out in the yard for a bit yesterday and the Bossman drove the mower too! He doesn't do that very much these days and Mum got her buggy out with the cart and did some weedwacking.  Somehow she got her reel of weedwacker cable ravelled around one of the wheels of the cart and had to tip it on it's side to get it off.  She couldn't get it back upright when she got the cable off so the Bossman had to come to the rescue and help her.

The thingy in the sunroom that keeps us cool keeps filling up with water.  They call it AC or something like that, I just know it keeps me nice and comfy at night.  They took it out to see if it was bunged up anywhere but if it is they can't see where.  At least Mum got to clean out all the gungy stuff but she has to keep draining the water from it to keep it going.  Mum says she'll be sooooo happy when it cools down a bit........ me too!

We have a man deer and a lady deer and a baby deer who come and eat our grass a lot lately.  The Bossman and Mum think they're cute.  Personally, I'd just like to get out and chase them but they won't let me, also, it's too flipping hot to go running around like a madman.  We have a lot of turkeys too.  Mum and the Bossman were eating breakfast the other day and they wandered past the kitchen window.  Mum said 'Look, a lot of turkeys' but the Bossman couldn't get up quick enough to see them.  He is very wobbly these days. I saw them though, I had my nose up at the window and was drooling thinking of one of them in my food bowl. (Cooked and dressed of course, no raw meat for this dog!)  He did see them another day though.  Of course, this time, I didn't get to see them but they told me about it.  They were all excited cos on the drive up our road to the house they saw the deer family and the turkeys. Poor me was home alone....again!

Here is a picture of me when Mum and me went down to the lily pond.  She missed my head though!  Truthfully, I think she was just taking a picture of the pond and I just happened to be there!  I was having a good old time chasing frogs.


2 comments:

  1. Oh, Boris...i am sorry not to see your handsome face but the lily pond is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next time kind lady I'll make sure Mum gets my face in just for you.

    ReplyDelete