Sunday, March 4, 2012

Mum's going away for a few days....oh no!!!!

It's been quite the week!  First of all Mum dragged me off to the vets as my itches were getting really bad and I was scratching like crazy and driving her nuts.  He gave me a shot.....I hate those things!  An allergy shot or something, I've had 'em before.  Didn't like 'em then and don't like 'em now!  And he gave me some more pills.  Antibiotics cos I scratched so much I made myself sore and some new ones cos they can't keep giving me allergy shots cos they screw with my adrenal glands, or something, if I keep having them.

The vet now thinks I have atopy.  What a dumb name eh?

Anyway, it means I will have to be on these pills forever and ever!

Mum wasn't too happy cos they cost $80 for a months supply but the vet said if they work then we should be able to reduce the amount I take gradually to about 2 a week so it won't cost so much.  Phew, don't need Mum mad at me.

The Bossman and Mum then started on the sunroom floor.  What a fiasco, Mum got her finger caught in the back of the mitre saw and now she has a sore finger and a black finger nail. Neither of them are very stable so it took them a whole day to lay 5 rows of laminate floor stuff and the Bossman was totally knackered and they argue like mad when they are doing something, it's a hoot!  But, they always get it done and when it's finished it will look great. 

Then, she booked flights to go to Florida to see my human sister and nieces and nephew for a few days.  Mt sister isn't too well and has to go back to England so she can get some treatment and hopefully make her better.  They are very excited to be going back.  They fly away at the end of the month so Mum needed to get down there to see them before they left.  She goes in the morning.  The Bossman and me are going to take her to the airport.  He will have to drive home.  He doesn't drive much these days.  Hope he remembers how!!!

So that leaves the Bossman and me on our own till Friday.

Mum's been cooking up a storm so the Bossman has plenty to eat while she's gone.  Hope she got plenty of dogfood in for me!

He's gonna be in charge of giving me my pills.  Hope he remembers!  He told Mum to text him to remind him.  Hope she remembers!!!

Mum wraps them up in a slice of bread and butter and rolls them in a ball.  Yummy for me!

So it's been quite the week and next week will be just the same.

Hurry home Mum!

No comments:

Post a Comment