Hi, no I didn't die and go to heaven, I'm still here! Life here at the old homestead has been pretty hectic. The Bossman has been back and forth to the hospital a lot. The weather has been pretty yukky too. I've been to the kennels a couple of times. Once for a whole week while they were at the hospital.
The Bossman now has a thingy in his chest, they call it a port. Mum says they can now connect to him to do the plasma exchange without him having tubes hanging out of his neck. The port connects into his jugular vein so they just have to stick needles into the port with tubes attached to the big machine that takes out all his blood, separates the blood cells from the plasma and exchanges the old stuff with all the nasty antibodies in for some nice clean antibody free stuff.
Sounds pretty gruesome to me but if it helps him then that's a good thing.
I have nasty antibodies too which give me the itches. I have to have pills for it and sometimes a shot. The pills help but now I have something else going on with my skin and Mum had to take me to the vets again. This time they shaved a big bald patch on my back and Mum has to put some stinky liquid stuff on it twice a day. It does seem to be getting better though so I guess I will put up with it......for now!
Not putting any pictures up though, definitely not good for my image! You know what I mean?
We did get a new van. Poor old Nellybelle was pretty old and beat up. She did take us on a lot of trips and both the Bossman and Mum dented her. She deserves a rest.
The new van is newer and bigger and has lots of bells and whistles. (Mum's words not mine! I can't see any bells and whistles on it or in it!) It is blue so they named her Bluebelle. Can anyone see a pattern here huh?
Glad they didn't name me Borisbelle!
Mum says that today has been the most normal day she has had in a long time. She has to go and finish a project now for the Bossman.
So I guess that's all for now folks.........
No comments:
Post a Comment