Sunday, June 2, 2013

Mum and the Bossman's new hobby

Mum and the Bossman have been busy.  They have been trying to tidy up the shop but that isn't going too quickly as the Bossman gets worn out and Mum can hardly walk sometimes but they do what they can when they can.

They did tidy up the workbenches so they could work on their leather stuff.  They do a lot of tippy tapping and cussing especially Mum.  She says she is practicing making patterns and stuff on the leather but she doesn't always get it right, especially when she is doing letters.  I say 'who cares?' but it seems important to her.

The Bossman does tippy tapping too.  Mum has a book that shows how to do it and she tells the Bossman.  It's a hoot cos they disagree all the time.  They both think they know best.  Probably the Bossman knows a little more cos his parents had a saddle shop so he had a head start.

They did it in the kitchen at first but a bottle of leather dye got spilled on the counter top so they decided to move it all out to the shop.  Mum brings some back to do at night but "NO DYE" Mostly stitching that she can do while she watches TV.

The Bossman cut some strips of leather yesterday for belts.  I hope he cut a nice piece for a nice new collar for you know who too! Mum can tippy tappy patterns on it for me and I won't complain if the letters for my name are wobbly.

Sometimes, (but not too often now, cos they know what happens), they drop a piece of leather and I get hold of it and chew it.  It sure is good but they weren't too happy when I chewed up something they had tippy tappied on lol.  I thought it was a hoot and it sure tasted good.

If I ever get my new collar I'll put a picture up.

On another good note, my itchies have got better.  I still have to suffer the indignation of having a pill stuck down my throat every other day but I shouldn't complain.  It's my own darned fault anyway, if I would only just swallow them like a good boy they wouldn't have to do it.

But, hey!, I never said i was perfect.......did I?


No comments:

Post a Comment